MPAC Assessments

It appears that the new MPAC assessments have caught some people off guard. Seems strange that people would be so surprised that MPAC assessments that have lagged behind for years finally caught up and now those that got hit are screaming bloody murder.

My assessment went up a total of $58,000 since last assessed, but then it was under assessed last time. It just so happens to be right where I would (and did) peg my value
My Listing on PropertyGuys.com.

There was an article recently written in
The Guelph Mercury that spoke about it that may be of interest. What I found most interesting with the MPAC assessments was that you can log onto MPAC and view the detail about how the assessment was calculated as well as compare it to other properties in the neighbourhood. This sure takes the sizzle out of the real estate agents using a "free market evaluation" as a selling tool.

I see this as just another hole in the boat that is taking on water.

M

No comments: