"Trust" The Experts


He is looking out for your best interests, right?

I have always had issues with people that use high pressure sales tactics. Just doesn't seem right to me. Everyone has to eat and sales is an art, but it does not take much to go from sales person to con artist.

I am not saying real estate agents are con artists. I am saying that their "system" is set up to encourage people to question their morals. More now than ever.

Let's go through some role playing. Humour me.

You are a real estate agent. Times are tough. The market has shown SOLDS down over 30% over the previous year for the last 3 months. You know it because you have not had a deal go through in 4. An "opportunity" arises. Would you question your morals? Most wouldn't.....MOST.

The problem here is agents only get paid when the deal goes through. What is stopping an agent from taking the low road? What is stopping the sales person from doing what they do best, sell you on the property. It may not be the best for you, it may even be a bad deal.

If you are an agent you are screaming at your computer right now saying "I build my client base through a network of referrals. I can't treat a client like that." I hear you. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. What if you have no food and haven't for months. Now you have a buffet staring at you, tempting you, calling you. Temptation can reach us all. It goes back to the "start" of humanity with Adam and Eve.

People's nature is to paint the world in a way that makes sense to them.


Did she really believe what she was saying? Absolutely. Why would she knowingly lie and tell millions of people to loose everything they have. Why would she send them away from their Garden of Eden?

M

No comments: