THE Moving Day Decision



This time we got smart. This time we used a mover.

How many times in your life can you go to the well? How many times can you buy beer and pizza and expect your friends to brake their backs AND your dishes?

When Yvette and I decided on moving one of the "have to" items in the budget was a mover. Not only were we not interested in carrying everything we owned but we were also not interested in being indebted to our friends to help them when their turn comes up.

We opted to use AMJ Campbell. When I first met the guys from AMJ Campbell I heard the sales pitch. It was one that made sense to me. Their movers were not just guys picked up at the temp place in the morning. They were all employees and worked at moving people full time. They were experienced and professional.

Move day came and I was ready to see if these guys met up to the high standards I expected. They were a few minutes late, not that I minded. The 4 guys jumped out of the rig and each introduced themselves to me with a hand shake. First came the runners to protect the floors. Next was the walk through to get the "lay of the land". On our way up from the basement they did not want to waste a trip so they each lugged a box with them, not bad.

They went through the home quickly loading my life into the truck by just after noon. The one thing that stuck out from the morning was when my in-laws showed up. As my father-in-law says his customary "how ya doin" to the guys the response was always followed by a "sir". These guys were hardworking and polite in every instance.

All in all it was about 10 hours and ran us $1,900 for the move. Cheap if you ask me. I guess I could have hired guys like these to do it for less.


M

No comments: