So How Far To The Airport?



I just love seeing all the losers that live by the airport when I land in a plane. Do you think any of them used a real estate agent?

If you remember my Fly In A Think Tank post from last year you will recall the new realtor ads that were being proposed.

They have now started to air on TVs across Canada telling us all just how useless we are without real estate agents. So far I have only seen the one with the guy that bought the house in the flight path of the airport. Last time I checked airports were pretty hard to hide. I mean look at any map, you will easily see your proximity to an airport....or a school or a park or a 400 series highway. Heck take a drive around the neighbourhood with your eyes open and I am sure you will see these things.

I think I know where the they got there idea from...


I like to think this is a realtor in some foreign land helping his client avoid making the decision he could not have made on his own. Thank goodness he was there to point out the airport is "hidden" behind those bushes!!

Their new website lists all the wonderful things real estate agents can help you with. They do it with a virtual board game asking you questions along the way. Concept is neat but to have multiple choices like "A: $322,000 should ensure a quick sale.", "B: $503,000 means a hefty profit." or "C: Ask a realtor." insults your intelligence. Only a realtor would know that the difference of $181,000 is ridiculous?

On the question about marketing your home if you actually choose "Ask a realtor" you get great advice like "there is a list of 25 things a realtor will do to market your home. Things like virtual tours, other media sources and of course top of the list putting it on the MLS". Last time I checked on PropertyGuys.com there were virtual tours, various print media options and national exposure with thousands of properties listed from St John's NFLD to Vancouver Island BC not to mention hundreds right here in Waterloo Region and Wellington County.

Getting great advice when looking to buy or sell is a great idea. Just make sure you ask someone that doesn't think you are stupid.

M

No comments: